Saturday, January 23, 2010

Todd's travels while waiting for the family


One of the first places I started visiting regularly was the Brisbane LDS temple.


This is the view from in front of the temple. To the left is the city and botanical gardens. On the right are the cliffs where you can rock climb. Below is the Brisbane river - riding the City Cat (center) is great.


On a whale watching trip I saw several whales but none up close. This is the spray of one coming up for air. After breathing they will bring their tale up as they dive back under.

After whale watching I went to a near by island to eat relax and play. Then I rode back to the marina on a sailing ship. What a busy day!

I went to one of the local kite festivals. They had these kites that were 50+ feet long.

This is a group of cockatoos at one of the local parks.

There are a couple of small tourist towns in the hills about an hour from here. They have some nice antique, art and souvenir shops.


Near this one town I went to one of the many rain forests within about an hour to an hour and a half of where we now live.


There are manyweekend markets in the area. You can find a wide variety of arts, crafts and produce.


I have always wanted to have and play the didgeridoo.


After the market I drove over to the beach. This one has a rain forest in the background and shopping on the street behind the beach.


This is part of the glass house mountains. (Tibrogargan) Many people think it looks like a gorilla.


Just before the family came out I went up north for a workshop for my work. Ruff place to spend a weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Wow!! It is absolutely beautiful!! I wouldn't have guessed it from the way Dorothy described it above but it really is breathtaking!!

    ReplyDelete